Turkish cuisine is so rich that it is mentioned all over the world. Especially our sherbet desserts are adapted in many countries of the world and take their place on the tables. As for sherbet desserts, there are many unique recipes in different regions of our country. In this article, we will talk about stone kadaif, which is commonly eaten in the Adana region. Let’s see how to make a stone kadaif with all the tricks.
What is a kadaif stone?
stone kadaif; This is a delicious dessert with syrup, famous in Adana, Mersin, Hatay and probably in many other cities in the region. It has a crunchy texture on the outside, a spongy softness on the bottom, and a crunchy walnut in the middle that drags you from texture to texture as you eat.
However, some sources state that the flat kadayif, which is a hallmark of Malatya cuisine, is the same as the stone kadayif. This bug needs to be corrected for now. Although they have similarities, stone kadaif and flat kadaif are different desserts.
stone materials kadaif
- 1 glass of warm water
- 1 glass of water Milk
- 2 tablespoons semolina
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 2 cups of flour
- frying oil
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 glasses of water
- 2 cups sugar
- half a slice of lemon
How is kadaif stone made?
- First, take water in a saucepan to prepare the syrup. Add sugar to it and stir until the sugar dissolves completely.
- After the sugar has melted, put the pan on the stove and let it boil. Add the lemon juice to the syrup that starts to boil. The lemon juice will help the syrup get a better consistency and the dessert will absorb the syrup better. Simmer the syrup, which continues to boil, for about 10 minutes. Then remove from stove and let cool.
- Mix water, milk, sugar, yeast and semolina for dough. Then gradually add flour to get a homogeneous mass. Cover with cling film and leave at room temperature for 30-45 minutes. The dough should become foamy.
- Heat up the pan and use a large spoon to pour the pieces of batter into it. Bake until the dough is dry. Then take it out of the pot. Continue this process until the dough is finished.
- Put a teaspoon of walnut kernels in each of the parts, fold them in half and close by pressing with two fingers. Then, in a narrow frying pan, collect a lot of oil and fry it. Drop the kadaifs into the hot oil. As soon as you get the fried kadaifi out of the oil, toss it into the cold sherbet. Stir constantly so that the dessert absorbs the syrup well. If desired, you can sprinkle kadaif with walnuts or hazelnut kernels, which absorb the syrup well. This step is entirely up to your taste.
Your stone kadaif is ready! Bon appetit!
You may be interested in:
From Baklava to Burmese Kadaifa: 22 Delicious Dessert Recipes to Spice Up Your Party
From Gullach to Qadaif: Practical Ramadan Desserts and Each Other’s Recipes
Sherbets for Ramadan: 6 delicious and practical recipes that will add flavor to your tables
Source: 1 2
- Stranger Things spin-off is out
- Airstrike on a military facility in Iran
- Hulusi Akar presented a togg to the Ukrainian minister
- The big leap in diesel
- When will the FBI raid the White House?
- Slogans of the government’s resignation were raised from the platforms of Fenerbahce and Besiktas
- How to choose a reliable bitcoin and cryptocurrency exchange?
- 5 Important Mesoamerican Civilizations Before the Aztecs
- Peskov: Extension of the agreement is a gesture of Russia
- The traditional Greek taste of Kokoretsi is on the social media agenda