Ah, that famous first date we’ll never forget. Is there anything more stressful than meeting a potential partner for the first time? If you’re panicking, take a deep breath. It’s normal to get nervous before your first personal date, especially if you’re meeting this person for the first time in real life. While you are just getting to know another person, you may not know what topics to talk about. But instead of being nervous, consider this an opportunity to learn about someone new. So what’s the best way to get to know a potential partner? Of course, ask questions! Asking questions shows confidence, and people naturally find confident people attractive. But remember, a first date shouldn’t feel like a job interview. Trying to get to know someone by asking questions can make the other party feel like they are being interrogated. Therefore, creating a natural conversation can be difficult. To do this, start with cute questions from their day-to-day life, then you can move on to details like how they deal with relationship disputes. The main thing is to find a balance. If you don’t know where to start, don’t worry. Here are expert-approved questions to ask on a first date👇
1. What prompted you to meet me?
This question will help you understand a little better which of your traits stand out and what gets your partner’s attention.
2. What do you expect from a relationship?
The purpose of this question is to assess whether your relationship goals are compatible. Whether you’re looking for a casual relationship or a life partner, your partner’s answers will give you clues as to what they’re looking for.
3. What is important to you?
“What are your hobbies?” These very specific questions can unwittingly isolate the other person. Maybe they don’t have hobbies. But the question of what is important to them will surely bring an answer.
4. What do you think of the recent political agenda?
With this question, you will see if your worldview is compatible. If they can’t handle difficult conversations, it’s not the best basis for a romantic relationship.
5. How do you maintain work-life balance?
This question, which is one of the questions to ask on a first date, is very important in understanding whether the other person has healthy relationship skills. Is he willing to make time for your relationship? Does it put off important social responsibilities for the business? That’s all you need to know about a potential partner.
6. What would you do if you had a free week?
This question will give you an idea of what they like to do in their free time and what they value most. It will also help you continue the conversation by asking additional questions.
7. Who makes plans for when you will spend time with people?
This question can help you learn about the other person’s communication style and what role they usually play in their intimate relationship.
8. Are you good with people?
You can’t build a relationship if you don’t compromise. If they hesitate when you ask them about it, it tells you something in itself.
9. What do you think is important for a healthy relationship?
This is a great question if you are looking for a serious relationship! For example, if you value healthy communication, you need to know if your partner is the type to sit down and talk after an argument, or if they’ll just brush it off like nothing happened and move on instead. You can find out if they do what they say, at least what they are looking for, and what their “healthy” understanding is.
10. How do you deal with disputes in a relationship?
If they tell you “I don’t know”, that’s an answer in itself. This question will help you figure out if your partner has enough self-awareness to know where their behavior needs to change.
11. Who was the right side in their old relationship?
The answer to this question tells you, “Does this person take responsibility when they make a mistake?” If he puts the blame on others, run!
12. Who do you talk to the most?
Questions like these help you understand what kind of relationship the other person values the most. It also allows you to take a breather between more difficult questions.
13. What is the best gift you have ever received?
This question will help you get to know the person in front of you and make him/her happy.
14. What was your first impression of me?
If you had a good time and have a quiet moment to think, be sure to ask this question. This way you can tell if you were noticed during the meeting.
15. What excited you the most when you met me?
This is a good question to tell more about yourself. You also know if the other party wants to know something about you. If they answer, “I don’t know, nothing,” you may have to say goodbye to that person.
You may be interested in:
5 signs of skin compatibility with your partner
Let’s explain! How to understand that you are in love with the wrong person?
They might be right next to you! 10 types of people to avoid
The biggest problem of our time: how to solve the problem of communication in relationships?
- Biden’s decision on Ukraine
- What is dandruff, why does it occur and how does it go away?
- New macOS users are here! Here are 10 features you should know
- Erdogan’s statement “My sphere of economy, the result is clear” on the social media agenda
- Zelensky to attend G7 summit
- The 5 Most Important Works of Ancient Greek Literature
- What you need to know about the Nubian pyramids
- Theme, book analysis, reader reviews
- HAYTAP sets up a Sahara tent for animals recovered from the wreck
- What are spiritual symbols and how are they used?