John Kirby, spokesman for the US National Security Council, echoed the offer made to North Korea.
US National Security Council spokesman John Kirby reiterated his proposal for “negotiations without preconditions on nuclear disarmament,” saying that North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is continuing his efforts to develop military capabilities that pose a threat to the United States and its allies.
After North Korea announced yesterday that it had successfully tested “high-thrust solid-propellant engine” technology, the United States made the announcement. Speaking at a press conference, US National Security Council spokesman John Kirby said, “Mr. Kim continues to seek to develop military capabilities that threaten the region, the peninsula, our allies and partners, and our national security interests.”
“That’s why we will continue to work with Japan and South Korea,” Kirby said. That is why we continue our presence, exercises and training on the peninsula and in the region. That is why we have been working to improve our intelligence gathering capabilities in and around the Korean Peninsula.” Kirby, however, left the door open for a diplomatic solution to North Korea.
“READY FOR NEGOTIATIONS WITHOUT PRECONDITIONS”
Reiterating his earlier call for a diplomatic solution, Kirby said: “We reiterate our offer to negotiate with Kim without preconditions. “We urge him to accept this offer without preconditions so that he can try to find a diplomatic way to denuclearize the peninsula,” he said.
Pyongyang GOT WEAPONS PROGRAM SPEED
North Korea, which has accelerated its weapons program by conducting 63 missile tests since the beginning of this year, recently announced to the public that it had successfully tested “solid thrust thruster” technology as part of its efforts to develop a new type of strategic weapons system.
- What are known misconceptions about earthquakes?
- And Finland is officially in NATO
- 5.6 magnitude earthquake in Iran
- 17 Impressive Photographs That Won an Award in Black and White Photography
- Toxic Characteristics of Personality Types Included in the Myers-Briggs Analysis
- Men who drink sugary drinks have a higher risk of baldness
- It takes 1 day to end the war
- Zelensky: Russia is preparing a new attack
- Putin’s arrest by Germany is a declaration of war
- Who is Hynkal Uluc, one of the important names in the sports press?