UN Secretary-General António Guterres called for peace on the African continent.
Guterres made a statement to the press after the sixth African Union-United Nations (UN-ABU) Annual Conference held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia’s capital.
Calling for peace on the African continent, Guterres said: “Today we talked about how our institutions are working to bring peace to the entire continent. Africa deserves and needs peace,” he said.
The UN Secretary General added that peace is always needed but not easy to achieve.
Guterres also met with Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed and AfB Commission Chairman Moussa Faki Mahamat.
The conference discussed issues such as human rights, climate change, security and development in Africa.
- 27 Interesting Facts About Christmas You Haven’t Heard Of
- Bayramov met with his Iranian counterpart
- Cyberpunk 2077 guide: things to consider before you start playing
- The most trendy bikini and swimwear models of 2023
- Interesting Methods Used to Predict the World Cup Champion
- Habitable planet discovered 100 light-years from Earth
- 6 monuments and museums in Germany, where you can see traces of the Holocaust
- Crisis between Elon Musk and the White House
- What you need to know about the Columbia spacecraft crash
- Trouble accessing Twitter in Turkey! Twitter disabled or restricted?