Former US President Donald Trump will face trial in Manhattan today.
Trump will be asked about the alleged falsification of commercial records during the payment of a “share of silence” to former porn star Stormy Daniels.
Details of the accusations against Trump will be announced at the hearing, which will begin at 14:15 local time.
Trump, 76, became the first former US president to face prosecution. Trump denies the allegations against him.
Shortly before he left his Florida home on Monday, Trump called the allegations against him a “witch hunt” on his Truth Social platform.
All developments regarding Trump, who wants to be re-elected to the presidency of the United States in 2024, are closely monitored throughout the country.
Trump is expected to turn himself in at the office of Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg before going to trial. The process here includes fingerprinting and the removal of a criminal record.
Trump will then appear before a judge, who will read the indictment to him. His lawyers said Trump would plead not guilty.
According to US media reports, Trump faces at least one serious charge of allegedly falsifying business records. Reports said that Trump would face about 30 charges related to paying Stormy Daniels during the 2016 election.
Trump is expected to be released on bail and return to his Florida home, Mar-a-Lago, to make a statement at 8:15 pm local time.
- Cult leader who raped over 20 children
- The decision that shocked Trump
- What you should know about the Hawthorne effect
- Zelensky’s statement on the power outage
- Russian Foreign Minister: The West is using Ukraine
- Putin to Britain: We will do what is necessary
- 9 most interesting news that hit the headlines in 2022
- 6.1 magnitude earthquake
- Shock Zelensky! Critical meeting between US and Russia
- 10 traditions that are indispensable for those who say: “Where are those old Ramadan”