Former US President Donald Trump refused to testify.
An investigative committee set up on Jan. 6 in the House of Representatives in connection with the Jan. 6, 2021 Congressional raid on the United States said that former President Donald Trump refused to testify.
“Former President Trump refused to comply with a subpoena from the Select Committee that required him to appear to testify,” the committee said in a Twitter statement. His lawyers did not try to negotiate a deposition.” it was said.
In a statement defending that Trump planned to disrupt the 2020 presidential election and obstruct the delegation of power, “he has an obligation to answer to the American people. The Committee will consider the next steps in this case and the ex-president’s defiance.” expressions were used.
Former US vice president accuses Trump of ‘recklessness’ over congressional raid
Committee summons Trump to testify
The Investigative Committee of the US House of Representatives on January 6, at its meeting on October 13, subpoenaed former President Donald Trump to testify about the congressional raid.
The committee requested a number of relevant documents from Trump’s lawyers, including personal communications between members of Congress and extremist groups, and an affidavit by the former president by November 14.
On November 12, Trump, through his lawyers, asked a federal court to block the Committee’s subpoena.
The petition states: “Trump, as a former President of the United States, has absolute immunity from being compelled to testify before Congress. Trump’s subpoena should be considered invalid, illegal, and unenforceable as part of an undue interference in executive affairs.” statements have been included.
It is a crime not to answer a call from congressional committees to testify.
- Tree species: tree species in the world and Turkey
- 10 cheapest cars in Turkey after SCT regulation
- Fortnite horror maps and codes with all the details
- Zelensky: Russia is preparing a new attack
- The law on terrorism will come into force before the summer
- McDonald’s is experiencing a potato crisis
- 17 tallest soccer players in history
- The first and last appearance on the screens of 7 world-famous actors
- Nobility Quotes: Nobility Quotes
- 32 best tweets of the week for you to enjoy reading