The next generation update of one of the popular games The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has been released. In addition to the Xbox Series S/X and PS5 next-gen consoles, the Next-Gen update, which is also on offer for PC, is being offered free of charge to those who own the game. CD Projekt RED stated that the update notes are “only the highlights”. Here are the official notes for The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt next-gen update….
List of innovations The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Next-Gen
With the new update, version 4.0 has entered production. Update; In addition to updated graphics and improvements, it also contains content with new modes. First, let’s take a look at The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Next-Gen trailer👆
PC and new generation special products
- Added raytraced global illumination and ambient shielding.
- In addition, PC players with compatible hardware have the added option of enabling ray-traced reflections and shadows.
- Various mods and mod-inspired content have been added to the game to improve the visuals and the overall quality of the gameplay. In addition to our own changes in areas such as environmental and cutscenes improvements, realistic sidewalks, and many scenery improvements, we’ve included some community-created favorites.
- Community-created and community-inspired mods include:
- The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project by HalkHogan
- Remastered HD Monsters by Denroth
- Real-time immersive videos by teiji25
- Knitpicker patch by chuckcash
- World map fixes by Terg500
- Textures have been updated to 4K for various characters including Geralt, Yennefer, Triss, Ciri, Eredin and more.
- All main characters, including Geralt, now have high-res auto-shadowing even outside of cutscenes. Additionally, hair cutting through armor and some other armor clipping issues have been fixed.
- Environmental Improvements:
- Added a new type of weather “gray sky”.
- Updated sky textures.
- Improvement of vegetation and water
- Various network improvements
- Improved some selected visuals
- Updated global ambient lighting.
- Added AMD FidelityFX™ Ultra High Resolution (FSR) 2.1.
- A photo mode has been added that allows players to take amazing photos in the world of The Witcher 3.
- Added the ability to pause the game during cutscenes.
- Added an alternate camera variant that is closer to the player character and more dynamically responsive to combat and movement. You can find this new setting in Options → Gameplay under Exploration, Combat, and Mounted Camera Range.
- Added ‘ULTRA+’ graphics settings that greatly improve the visual fidelity of the game on PC. The graphics settings available in ULTRA+ affect:
- Number of background characters
- Shadow quality
- grass density
- texture quality
- Foliage Visibility Range
- land quality
- water quality
- level of detail
- Added support for DLSS 3. Only available on compatible hardware.
Exclusive to Next Generation Consoles
- Improved overall graphics quality on next generation consoles. Including improved textures, improved fidelity, shadow quality, longer draw distance and crowd density.
- Ray-traced mode – Provides ray-traced global illumination and ambient shielding with dynamic resolution scaling up to 30fps for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.
- Performance Mode – Provides smoother 60fps gameplay with dynamic resolution scaling for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.
- The Xbox Series S version does not support ray tracing. Quality mode provides higher resolution and better image fidelity, targeting 30fps, while Performance mode targets 60fps and favors much smoother gameplay over visual quality.
- Implemented the use of adaptive triggers and haptic feedback on PS5 DualSense controllers.
- Added event maps for PS5.
- Added cross progression feature between platforms. Your latest recordings will be automatically uploaded to the cloud so you can easily pick up where you left off on other platforms. Crossfeed provides the last save for each save type. This feature becomes available after logging into your account.
- By signing up for MY REWARDS in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, players can receive:
- Swords of the Nine-Tailed Fox
- White Tiger of the Western Armor
- Dole Flowers Armor Set
- Roach Map
Details on how to redeem your rewards will be available at thewitcher.com/my-rewards starting December 14 at 01:00 CET.
- Velen named In the shadow of the Eternal Flame Added a new side mission. Awards, The Witcher from Netflix inspired by the series.
- The Witcher from Netflix Added an alternate dandelion look inspired by the show. You can enable it in Options → Gameplay.
- The Witcher from Netflix Added an alternate set of Nilfgaardian armor inspired by the TV series. You can enable it in Options → Gameplay.
- Added Chinese and Korean voice acting. Availability on consoles varies by region.
- Various improvements and changes to the Russian voice acting, including fixes for faster/slower lines in the vast majority of scenes.
The quality of life is changing
- Added quick decryption option. Allows you to modify and broadcast beacons without opening the radial menu. You can find it in “Options” → “Gameplay”.
- Added a new default map filter. New filter “?” hides some icons like This includes boat icons to reduce icon clutter on the map. These icons can be re-enabled using the All map mode toggle.
- Adjusted the minimum height for fall damage to allow the player to survive falling from a higher height.
- Herbs can now be instantly obtained in a single interaction without an additional loot window.
- Added options that dynamically hide the mini-map and quest objectives when not in combat or using Witcher Senses. You can find this in Options → Video → HUD Configuration → Hide Minimap While Exploring and Hide Objectives While Exploring.
- Added the ability to walk slowly when playing with a game controller. You can now walk slowly by moving the left stick slightly forward.
- Added an alternate sprint mode option when playing with a controller. Activated by pressing the left stick. You can find it in “Options” → “Control Settings”.
- Added the ability to lock a target that is not affected by camera reversal. You can find it in “Options” → “Control Settings”.
- Improved the Radial Menu so that bombs, bolts and pocket items can now be changed dynamically without opening the inventory.
- Added the ability to scale the font size for subtitles, NPC chat, and dialogue options. You can find it in “Options” → “Video” → “HUD Configuration”.
- Various other minor fixes, tweaks and quality of life changes have been added, including several secrets for players to unlock.
You may be interested in:
Cyberpunk 2077 guide: things to consider before you start playing
- Balance changes and various gameplay fixes by flash_in_the_flesh. Full combat rebalance 3 added mode. We have used the compiled approach for this mod, with some elements set to default than you will find in the mod, other elements have been omitted.
- Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Equipment – Fixed an issue where the chest in the Signal Tower could not be opened.
- From the distant shores of Ophir – Fixed a bug that could cause the diagram to be missing from the chest in the bandit’s lair.
- Hard times – Fixed a bug that prevented Geralt from speaking or handing the letter to the blacksmith.
- Fast as the west wind – Fixed an issue where the quest would sometimes fail despite winning the race.
- Echoes of the past – Fixed the quest getting stuck and not being able to talk to Yennefer after defeating the Foglets.
- wine wars – Fixed an issue where the quest could not be completed if the player destroyed one of the required monster slots while exploring.
- Fixed an issue where in some scenarios it was not possible to clear the abandoned estate of the ruined tavern on the south bank of Ard Skellig.
- Fixed the Grandmaster Wolven Set not requiring Crafted items.
- Various minor fixes for quests and cutscenes.
Here are the details of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the next-gen free update, almost 7 years after its original release. Favorite game; Looks very nice with updated graphics, new missions, new modes. With the new The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt update, it might make sense to replay the production and relive all the details you missed.
Resources: 1 2
- The most trending hair product in recent times: comb-shampoo recommendations
- 18 examples of bad design that will leave a bitter smile on your face
- Who is Hulusi Kentman, the unforgettable name of Turkish cinema?
- A healthy iftar should last at least 45 minutes
- 8 of the best paper masks that will become indispensable in your skin care
- 27 best tweets of the week that will make you enjoy reading
- What is Bab-i Ali Reid? What are the causes and consequences?
- Everything you need to know about the Barbie movie!
- Over 1800 settlements under control
- Highest-paid female volleyball players: 10 names to earn millions