The corona virus epidemic that has spread from the city of Wuhan, China, has begun to show its influence again.
As cities across the country took drastic measures to contain the outbreak, China today announced a record increase in daily COVID-19 cases. The number of daily cases reached 32,695.
The coronavirus was first detected in China 3 years ago, but the country of 1.4 billion has never had more than 30,000 daily cases, according to official figures.
The numbers are relatively small compared to China’s large population of 1.4 billion and the number of cases reported in Western countries.
But under Beijing’s strict zero disease policy, even small outbreaks could lead to entire cities shutting down and strict quarantine of contacts of infected patients.
Yesterday the first record was broken – 31,444 people. A new record was broken today – 32,695 new cases.
Cities such as Chengdu, Jinan, Lanzhou, Xi’an and Wuhan are reporting hundreds of new infections every day.
- What is Lensa AI, the popular artificial intelligence application of recent times?
- Zelensky’s statement on the war
- Why do athletes stop their hearts during a match?
- How to gain confidence in 8 steps?
- What causes hair fractures? Here are 11 things that cause fractures
- Famous physicist who changed world history by inventing the atomic bomb
- What are the sources of income for the couple Harry and Meghan revealed by the Netflix documentary?
- Reflections on the case of Ekrem Imamoglu in the foreign press
- Biden did not invite Turkey to the Democracy Summit
- Apple WWDC 2023 recap: what devices are on display, what’s new?