The corona virus epidemic that has spread from the city of Wuhan, China, has begun to show its influence again.
As cities across the country took drastic measures to contain the outbreak, China today announced a record increase in daily COVID-19 cases. The number of daily cases reached 32,695.
The coronavirus was first detected in China 3 years ago, but the country of 1.4 billion has never had more than 30,000 daily cases, according to official figures.
The numbers are relatively small compared to China’s large population of 1.4 billion and the number of cases reported in Western countries.
But under Beijing’s strict zero disease policy, even small outbreaks could lead to entire cities shutting down and strict quarantine of contacts of infected patients.
Yesterday the first record was broken – 31,444 people. A new record was broken today – 32,695 new cases.
Cities such as Chengdu, Jinan, Lanzhou, Xi’an and Wuhan are reporting hundreds of new infections every day.
- What causes bruising on the body? How does a bruise go?
- Netflix is preparing to launch a cloud gaming service as an alternative to mobile platforms
- The Game Awards 2022 Nominees Announced
- Minimum wage negotiations start today! Who is demanding what?
- Dad Quotes: The Most Beautiful Dad Quotes
- Crisis between Elon Musk and the White House
- 7 Close Up Portraits of Ants That Will Get Goosebumps
- 5 tips for starting a new life after divorce
- 9 facts about carbohydrates that you may not have heard of
- 23 players score the most goals in World Cup history