The economic crisis has long been one of the most important issues on the agenda in Turkey. Rising inflation and the exchange rate have most affected citizens working on minimum wages. For this reason, the minimum wage was doubled last year. However, the campaigns could not solve the vital problems of citizens working for the minimum wage.
Today, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, along with the Minimum Wage Commission, made the announcement that millions have been waiting for. The statement stated that the minimum wage in 2023 will be TL 8,500 net. Although the minimum wage increased by about 54% in 2023, this wage did not satisfy citizens. The depreciation of the Turkish lira and high inflation during the year significantly reduced the purchasing power of citizens. Citizens believe that price increases will continue next year, and the minimum wage will continue to experience financial difficulties. For this reason, after the announcement of the increase in the minimum wage, the reaction in social networks grew like an avalanche. Here is some of them…
You may be interested in:
Process Completed: 2023 Minimum Wage Announced
- The Hottest New Phones in 2023
- Call from Macron to Ukraine
- 12 outdoor products that will make your stay in nature more comfortable
- 7 delightful books and their themes
- 9 Exciting ‘The Crown’ Filming Locations
- The threat from North Korea to Japan
- Thanks to 7 countries from Zelensky
- Remove question marks! Analysis of the film The Servant
- Will my new home project solve the housing crisis?
- Zelensky’s statement on the power outage