Hummus, a snack from the Middle East; It is prepared by adding chickpeas, cumin, red pepper, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and salt. “Hummus”, which means “chickpeas” in Arabic, is often consumed in the Middle East and Arab countries, especially in Israel. In addition, it is often produced in our country, as well as in countries such as Greece, Cyprus and Armenia, and takes its place on the tables. Chickpeas are the main ingredient in hummus, which is mainly produced in the cities of Mersin and Hatay in our country. In this list, we have collected answers to frequently asked questions, such as how to make hummus, what are the ingredients of hummus, and what dishes use hummus in. First, let’s talk about how to make hummus.
You can also take a look at this content: “Easy and Delicious Table Snack Recipes That Will Bring Stones to Taverns”
How is hummus made?
People often ask for the recipe for hummus, a wonderful flavor that has spread around the world from the Middle East. We have told you how to make hummus step by step for you. Here is the hummus recipe.
- Place the chickpeas you soaked the night before into the pressure cooker.
- Drain the carbonated water that appeared after boiling for a while.
- Add hot water back to the pressure cooker and cook for about 15-20 minutes until the chickpeas are slightly cracked and the shells come off easily.
- Remove shells from cooked chickpeas.
- Pour 1.5 teaspoons of water into a medium-sized saucepan and place the unpeeled chickpeas in the saucepan.
- Putting the pot back on the stove, crush it with a wooden spoon to absorb the water. Puree the warm chickpeas and make them smooth.
- In this case, the chickpeas will become hard. You can store it in the refrigerator if you like.
- Put the chickpeas on low heat and add a tea glass of warm water.
- Stir the chickpeas in the hot pot for about 1 minute and let them soften. Remove chickpeas from heat, add minced garlic, tahini, lemon, cumin, salt and mix very well.
- Transfer the hummus to a serving plate and garnish with chopped parsley, sumac, and cayenne pepper.
- At the end, add some olive oil.
- Eat hummus warm. Bon appetit. 🙂
Let’s make a small remark for those who are interested: 100 grams of hummus contains about 400 calories.
You can also take a look at this content: “12 Most Practical Dip Sauce Recipes That Will Become Holiday and Party Favorites.”
What is in hummus?
Hummus is a very tasty snack, consisting of a mixture of many ingredients. Here are the ingredients used to make hummus.
When making hummus:
- 500 grams of chickpeas
- warm water to cover
When making hummus:
- 1/2 teaspoon tahini
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon warm water
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
Spices and Decoration:
- chopped parsley
- Red pepper
What is hummus with?
Hummus, which is an indispensable flavor on snack tables, achieves great harmony when consumed with various foods. For example; Hummus is served with tomatoes, lettuce and a special Middle Eastern origin pita. Many even eat hummus for breakfast. It can be used as a dip with fresh vegetables. Plus, it pairs very well with plain potato chips. Also goes well with red meat.
- 7 hair care products that will become indispensable after a single use
- President of Besiktas: Fans are right
- 8 thousand civilians died in the Russian-Ukrainian war
- 10 clothing tricks that will completely change your look
- New Mexican Film Movement Approaches Social Life with a More Realistic Perspective and 8 Film Samples
- Shark species and habitats
- 11 fashion brands of bags
- 12 effective ways to increase business efficiency
- OceanGate continues to sell tickets after the disaster on Titan
- 6 monuments and museums in Germany, where you can see traces of the Holocaust