An 87-year-old man living in Beijing has died from the virus, according to a statement from China’s National Health Commission.
This is the first reported death from the virus in the country since May 26.
In the past 24 hours, mainland China has reported 2,204 symptomatic cases and 22,11 asymptomatic cases.
It is noted that the number of cases increases with the spread of highly contagious subvariants in the autumn in the country. The number of daily cases over the past 5 days has exceeded 20,000.
ZERO CASE STRATEGY CONTINUES IN CHINA
Although the number of cases is small compared to the population and most of them have no symptoms, China continues to enforce strict epidemic control measures called “zero cases”.
A strategy to stop Covid-19 cases where they occur and stop the chain of transmission requires strict and wide-ranging measures such as quarantine, travel restrictions, mass testing, limiting or maintaining closed business activities in manufacturing, trade and services.
- World of Warcraft: what you need to know about the dragonflight
- Elon Musk backs action in Iran
- 13 Most Powerful and Deadly Earthquakes
- How many magnitude earthquakes can occur in the world?
- Hajj decision from Saudi Arabia
- Alien description from Biden
- All about her diary and life story
- Pitch-hole mosaic artist: Jim Bahor
- Blinken: You have to look at Putin’s words
- Cyberpunk 2077 guide: things to consider before you start playing