An 87-year-old man living in Beijing has died from the virus, according to a statement from China’s National Health Commission.
This is the first reported death from the virus in the country since May 26.
In the past 24 hours, mainland China has reported 2,204 symptomatic cases and 22,11 asymptomatic cases.
It is noted that the number of cases increases with the spread of highly contagious subvariants in the autumn in the country. The number of daily cases over the past 5 days has exceeded 20,000.
ZERO CASE STRATEGY CONTINUES IN CHINA
Although the number of cases is small compared to the population and most of them have no symptoms, China continues to enforce strict epidemic control measures called “zero cases”.
A strategy to stop Covid-19 cases where they occur and stop the chain of transmission requires strict and wide-ranging measures such as quarantine, travel restrictions, mass testing, limiting or maintaining closed business activities in manufacturing, trade and services.
- Putin’s girlfriend appeared in public
- 7 Interesting Facts About Prince Harry You Haven’t Heard Of
- Applying for a visa to Bolsonaro
- Biden extends national emergency
- 8 of the best fresh canned tuna for cats
- Iranian Foreign Ministry website hacked
- 6 effective ways to avoid mosquitoes
- 10 most dangerous hiking trails in the world
- British artist who decorated his entire 12-room house with his drawings: Sam Cox
- Oppenheimer vs. Barbie: Critics’ Choice?