Well-known entrepreneur Elon Musk, who appears among the richest people in the world, experienced a record drop in 2022.
Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla, SpaceX and Twitter, has noticed that his fortune has shrunk by more than $100 billion this year. This was the sharpest drop in the Bloomberg Billionaires Index ever.
As of Monday, Musk, with a net worth of $169.8 billion, remains the richest person in the world.
The unprecedented downturn reflects the latest challenges Tesla is facing amid rising raw material costs and supply chain disruptions that make up the bulk of Musk’s fortune.
THE PROBLEMS ARE INCREASING
The problems have been exacerbated by the latest recall of more than 300,000 vehicles due to defective taillights and Tesla’s strict stance on no cases in China, its largest market outside the US.
Shares in the electric car maker fell 6.8 percent to $167.87 at Monday’s close, its lowest share price since November 2020.
Tesla shares have lost more than half since the beginning of the year.
Tesla shares are Elon Musk’s main source of wealth. Investors became worried after Musk announced that he would buy Twitter in 2022.
Fearing that Musk would spend too much time on Twitter, investor fears hastened Tesla’s stock decline.
- Violent events marked the Göztepe-Altay Derby
- 9 facts about carbohydrates that you may not have heard of
- Massacre of blood crying dogs in Konya in the spotlight
- 5 Names on the CHP Economics Advisory Group
- Zelensky: The situation at the front is difficult
- 10 European Cities That Best Capture the Christmas Spirit
- Anyone who dies in this game will die in real life too! New Meta Universe
- Thanks from Zelensky to Erdogan
- 32 best tweets of the week for you to enjoy reading
- Elon Musk: Apple made threats