Ukraine’s national energy company Ukrenergo has said it can supply half of the country’s electricity needs.
Ukraine’s national energy company Ukrenergo has announced that only 50 percent of the country’s electricity needs can be met following Russia’s intense rocket attacks this week.
The company, which is also the country’s telecommunications operator, said in a statement that priority was given to repairs to key infrastructure facilities affected by the attacks.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky also said that after the Russian invasion, they experienced the “most difficult period” in terms of energy supply.
“Russian soldiers don’t know how to fight”
Zelenskiy also reported shortages of drinking water in 15 regions, including in the capital Kyiv.
Zelensky said: “Russian soldiers don’t know how to fight” and continued:
“The only thing they can do is terrorize. Energy terrorism, artillery terrorism or missile terrorism. Russia has fallen so low under its current leaders.”
Speaking to the BBC, Zelensky’s wife Olena Zelenskaya also said that the Ukrainian people are “ready to face the energy shortage.”
He said that according to a survey conducted in green countries, 90 percent of the population believes they can live with 2-3 years of power outages, especially if they see the prospect of EU membership.
- Elon Musk intends to stop traffic
- 10 Tips to Help You Fix Slow Loading on Steam
- Highest-paid female volleyball players: 10 names to earn millions
- A terrible earthquake of magnitude 6 occurred in Duzce
- What happened to Hitler’s family after the war?
- This attack is unacceptable
- The Biggest Losers in Oscar History
- Secret documents found in the house of the former US vice president
- 5 Passive-Aggressive Phrases That Will Lose People’s Respect
- What is Law No. 6284, why is it on the agenda?