The number of people killed in Syria affected by the Kahramanmarash earthquake has risen to 5,801.
The White Helmets civil defense group stated in its posts that it continues search and rescue operations at the crash sites.
Earthquakes in Kahramanmaras also caused destruction in Syria, Turkey’s border neighbor. Buildings were destroyed in Hama, Latakia and Tartus, especially in Aleppo and Idlib, which are close to the border.
According to local sources, 5,801 people died in the region, thousands were injured. In Syria, where the civil war is ongoing, the White Helmets, a civil defense unit in earthquake-affected areas, continue search and rescue efforts among the rubble.
- Ahmet Yener, Chairman of the High Electoral Commission, announces the lifting of election bans
- Realistic sand sculpture artist: Andoni Bastarrica
- 10 fashion rules that seemed right to us, but are now history
- Critical European Union visit to Ukraine
- 9 Heirs Who Had To Wait For Years To Become Sovereign
- Russia’s response to America
- The best games to play comfortably on your phone
- Ancient city under water for centuries
- Two small coastal towns believed to be protected by aliens: Madero and Tampico
- Can sustainability save Portuguese tourism?