The United States is preparing to establish an Indo-Pacific Space Command.
The new Space Forces Command, to be created by the US Indo-Pacific Forces (INDOPACOM), aims to enhance US defenses against ballistic missiles from China and North Korea.
On the other hand, it is noted that the said element will be the first Space Force Command created under any combatant command such as INDOPACOM.
INDOPACOM announced on Twitter that the new U.S. Space Force Command Indo-Pacific will be unveiled at a ceremony tomorrow.
The U.S. Space Force was created in December 2019 with the mission of “protecting the nation’s interests in space, deterring attacks in space, and conducting space operations.”
Ballistic and hypersonic missiles
Threats from space also include intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) and hypersonic missiles.
The Indo-Pacific Space Forces Command is expected to help the United States develop defense mechanisms, such as detecting and intercepting ballistic missiles emanating from countries in the region.
US Permanent Representative to the UN Linda Thomas-Greenfield said North Korea has conducted 63 ballistic missile tests this year, 8 of which were ICBMs.
- The Golden Butterfly Awards 2022 have found their winners: ceremony highlights and winners
- 8 great movie tips for those who are wondering what to watch this weekend
- The most controversial event in history: the 2022 Qatar World Cup
- Dad Quotes: The Most Beautiful Dad Quotes
- Iran’s reaction to the UN Human Rights Council
- Putin: The threat of nuclear war is growing
- Severed hand on Wednesday: what you need to know about it
- Turkey’s first cave opened to tourists
- 9 facts about carbohydrates that you may not have heard of
- Natural gas prices in Europe have increased 10 times