The United States is preparing to establish an Indo-Pacific Space Command.
The new Space Forces Command, to be created by the US Indo-Pacific Forces (INDOPACOM), aims to enhance US defenses against ballistic missiles from China and North Korea.
On the other hand, it is noted that the said element will be the first Space Force Command created under any combatant command such as INDOPACOM.
INDOPACOM announced on Twitter that the new U.S. Space Force Command Indo-Pacific will be unveiled at a ceremony tomorrow.
The U.S. Space Force was created in December 2019 with the mission of “protecting the nation’s interests in space, deterring attacks in space, and conducting space operations.”
Ballistic and hypersonic missiles
Threats from space also include intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs) and hypersonic missiles.
The Indo-Pacific Space Forces Command is expected to help the United States develop defense mechanisms, such as detecting and intercepting ballistic missiles emanating from countries in the region.
US Permanent Representative to the UN Linda Thomas-Greenfield said North Korea has conducted 63 ballistic missile tests this year, 8 of which were ICBMs.
- 9 Little-Known Stories About Pele, The Uncrowned King Of Football
- Xiaomi enters the electric vehicle industry
- 30 best tweets of the week that will make you enjoy reading
- Department of Justice Issues Circular Against Looting
- Will Kadir Sheker go to jail again?
- Africa is building a metropolis that could accommodate half a billion people
- Biden lagged behind Trump
- Haluk Levent was included in the list of “Most Influential People” by Time magazine.
- Macron: pension reform was necessary
- Lyrics of Ali Cabbar and the sad story behind it