The eyes of the markets were turned to the decision of the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey on the interest rate. The decision is expected to be announced tomorrow.
Central banks in world markets have announced their decisions.
The Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey will announce its interest rate decision tomorrow.
Economists’ estimate of 19.25 percent
Economists participating in the review of AA Finans expectations regarding the meeting of the Monetary Policy Committee (MPK) of the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey (CBRT) estimate that the interest rate of the one-week repo auction (the policy rate) will be increased by 1,075 basis points to 19.25. percent.
Eighteen economists took part in an AA Finans poll of expectations for the MPC meeting on Thursday, June 22.
The median expectations of economists regarding the change in the discount rate was 1,075 basis points.
The expectation at the end of the year was 25 percent.
According to the poll, economists’ expectations for the discount rate, which predicted an increase from 350 to 2,150 basis points, ranged from 12 to 30 percent, and their expectations for the discount rate at the end of the year were from 18 to 35 percent.
The median of economists’ year-end interest rate expectations was 25 percent.
At the MPC meeting last month, the discount rate remained unchanged at 8.50 percent.
First meeting of the new president
The Central Bank will hold its first meeting of the Monetary Policy Committee, chaired by new chairman Hafize Gaye Erkan. Erkan replaced Shahap Kavcioglu on 9 June.
- Angelina Jolie Statement in Turkey
- Blinken: we support the Turkish people
- Putin: the Russian economy is facing a recession
- 7.7 magnitude earthquake also felt in Greenland
- Erdogan received Barzani
- 13 product recommendations for those looking for the cosiness and comfort of home
- WhatsApp announces that deleted messages can be recovered
- Who is Köksal Engür, one of the important names in the world of cinema?
- The mysterious sect of ancient Rome: the cult of Mithras
- Separation statement from Mirai Daner