US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken made an important visit to Israel.
Referring to Palestinian-Israeli tensions, Blinken reiterated his emphasis on a “two-state solution” and urged the parties to take the necessary steps to reduce tensions.
US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken was in Israel, the second stop on his tour of the Middle East.
He made a statement to the press after meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. This word caused an escalation of tension between Palestine and Israel.
Blinken stated that the United States remained committed to its vision of a two-state solution and said, “The strategy of a two-state solution must be followed for equal liberty, equal opportunity, security, justice, and dignity.”
He urged the parties to take the necessary steps to ensure calm and reduce tensions.
“The US should put pressure on Israel”
The Palestinian Authority, on the other hand, expects Washington to put pressure on Israel.
Palestinian Deputy Foreign Minister Ahmed al-Dik said: “We hope that Blinken will come with the idea of putting pressure on Israel to end the tension.”
He stressed that practices such as raids, killings, destruction and expansion of settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories must stop.
Blinken reunited with Herzog
After Blinken’s contacts in Israel, he is expected to travel to Palestine today and meet with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas in the West Bank city of Ramallah.
- Chun Woo Won, grandson of former South Korean president, reveals family secrets
- 13 product recommendations for those looking for the cosiness and comfort of home
- 2023 BU: Closest asteroid to Earth
- 5 Free Photo Editing Tools for Those Looking for Programs Similar to Photoshop
- World War III has never been so close
- French fries increase the risk of depression
- Interesting Methods Used to Predict the World Cup Champion
- G7 leaders summit begins
- Why are Finns so happy, what do they do differently?
- Turkey’s statement from the World Health Organization