In Bulgaria, the parliament signed an important decision on the war between Russia and Ukraine and approved a package of arms assistance to that country.
Bulgaria has approved an arms aid package that it will send to Ukraine.
The list of weapons being sent was first discussed at a closed meeting of the National Security and Defense Commissions in Parliament. Weapon types were not disclosed due to a confidentiality clause, but it is reported that Ukraine does not include the required S-300 missiles and MiG aircraft.
“We will send technologies that will protect the skies of Ukrainian cities from Russian drones,” said Hristo Gachev, chairman of the parliamentary defense commission. said.
There are opponents of help.
MPs from the pro-Russian Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) and the Revival Party, which has a total of 52 out of 240 parliamentary seats, broadcast live from the floor to their mobile phones during a closed session to block aid.
Continuing the political tradition of the country’s former communist party, BSP leader Kornelia Ninova called other parties supporting military aid to Ukraine a “military coalition.”
Kostadin Kostadinov, leader of the populist Renaissance Party who defended Moscow’s policies, pushed for Bulgaria’s withdrawal from NATO and the European Union (EU).
After Russia declared war on Ukraine, the weapons aid Ukraine demanded was repeatedly denied due to pressure from pro-Russian President Rumen Radev and accommodating political forces in parliament. At a meeting held in early November, the parliament changed its position and decided to respond positively to the request of Ukraine and the government to create the necessary aid package.
- Attack on the Azerbaijani embassy in Iran
- 10 facts about animals living in the Chernobyl zone
- The most famous volleyball players in the world: here are 12 talented names
- Countries and cities where cult films were filmed
- 14 great photos showing the friendship between different species of animals
- 11 Movies From Famous Director Tee West You Can’t Erase From Your Memory For Long
- Will Trump be arrested?
- Heartbreaking footage of a 7.7 magnitude earthquake
- What is powder and how is it applied? Top 8 Powder Application Tips
- World Health Organization warning