Portugal, which won the Portugal-Switzerland match, became the last country to reach the quarterfinals. Thus, the last 8 countries in the 2022 World Cup have been announced.
The round of 16, which kicked off on Saturday, December 3, ended with the final whistle for the Portugal-Switzerland match. On the final day of the Round of 16, Morocco’s surprise victory marked the day. Despite Spain’s large squad, Morocco took the match first to extra time and then to a penalty shootout, and managed to qualify for the quarter-finals. After the last match between Portugal and Switzerland, Portugal was the last country to reach the quarter-finals. The quarter-final match against Switzerland ended with a superior score of 6-1. Cristiano Ronaldo, who started the match as a substitute, entered the match in the 73rd minute.
The 2022 Qatar World Cup will pick up where it left off with excitement in the quarter-finals, which will take place on December 9 and 10, after a three-day break.
First, let’s look at the results of the last 16 matches.
The results of the 2022 World Cup matches, the participation of 16 matches
Saturday 3rd December
- Netherlands 3 – 1 America
- Argentina 2 – 1 Australia
Sunday, December 4th
- France 3 – 1 Poland
- England 3 – 0 Senegal
Monday, December 5th
- Japan 1 – 1 Croatia (1-3 pen.)
- Brazil 4 – 1 South Korea
Tuesday, December 6th
- Morocco 0-0 Spain (3-0 penalty kick)
- Portugal 6 – 1 Switzerland
After the last 16 single-elimination matches, 8 nations managed to make their mark in the quarter-finals. thus; The Netherlands, Argentina, France, England, Croatia, Brazil, Morocco and Portugal advanced to the quarter-finals. On the other hand, the United States of America, Australia, Poland, Senegal, Japan, South Korea, Spain and Switzerland called off the tournament.
And the Brazilian national team, the leading candidate for the tournament, gave fear to its opponents after the match with South Korea, which it eliminated with a score of 4-1. Leading 4-0 in the 36th minute of the match, the team played a comfortable game in the second half of the match. Five-time World Cup champions Brazil want to take home the sixth spot for soccer legend Pele. Although Brazil is the favourite, on the other hand England, France, Argentina and Portugal, which have strong teams, can be shown as the favorites of the tournament.
You may be interested in:
One of the most tragic events in our sporting history! Why did Turkey not participate in the 1950 World Cup?
The quarter-final schedule, set after the last 16 matches, is as follows:
Quarter-finals of the 2022 World Cup
Friday, December 9th
- 18:00 Turkish time | croatia – Brazil (Education City Stadium, Al-Rayyan)
- 22:00 Turkish time | Dutch – Argentina (Lusail Iconic Stadium, Lusail)
Saturday 10th December
- 18:00 Turkish time | Portugal – Morocco (Al Thumama Stadium, Doha)
- 22:00 Turkish time | england – France (Al Bayt Stadium, Al Khor)
Qatar 2022 will be the last World Cup for many stars. Neymar and Messi, who both played for Paris Saint-Germain, will play for their country for the last time. But if the two stars beat their rivals in the quarter-finals, they will be matched in the semi-finals and one of them will have to say goodbye to the cup. In addition, Ronaldo, who parted ways with Manchester United, will fight for the World Cup for the last time.
Finally, you can watch the matches live on TRT 1 and TRT 4K channels. The values of the TRT 1 channel frequency in Turkey are as follows:
Satellites; Turksat 4A, frequency; 11794, polarization; V (vertical), symbol rate; 30,000, FEC; 3/4
- Amazing settlement in Bilecik: retirement village
- Plot, whose columns were cut, cost the lives of 78 people
- What does Coffee Fortune look like? 4 things to know when predicting the future
- Body freezing process What you need to know about cryonics
- Forbes magazine has published a list of the most expensive football clubs in 2023.
- Wastewater testing to be done to track Covid-19
- German army report: not enough for NATO
- How is career planning done? | ListList.com
- Saudi Arabia raises oil prices
- What precautions should be taken to survive a plane crash?