Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev touched upon the Nagorno-Karabakh issue and addressed the Armenians.
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said that “Karabakh is our internal affair” and stated that the Armenians living in the region must obtain Azerbaijani citizenship, otherwise they will have to look for another place of residence.
Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said that Armenians living in Karabakh should either take Azerbaijani citizenship or find another place of residence.
“KARABAKH IS AN INTERNAL QUESTION OF AZERBAIJAN”
In a conversation with the AzTV channel, Aliyev stated that they had repeatedly stated that they would not discuss internal affairs with any country, and said: “Karabakh is our internal issue. He recalled that Armenians living in Karabakh will either have to obtain Azerbaijani citizenship or look for another place of residence.
Noting that an atmosphere of complete freedom prevails in the region and all democratic services are provided, Aliyev said: “This problem should be solved on the basis of human rights.”
TENSIONS IN AZERBAIJAN-ARMENIA RELATIONS
Relations between the two former Soviet republics of Armenia and Azerbaijan have been strained since 1991, when the Armenian army occupied Karabakh and seven neighboring regions internationally recognized as part of Azerbaijan.
In the fall of 2020, during the 44-day conflict, Azerbaijan liberated many cities, villages and settlements from the Armenian occupation.
The peace agreement signed with the mediation of Russia is celebrated in Azerbaijan as a victory.
- Countries that drink the most tea in 2022 announced
- Trump’s Terrible Statement
- The weather service warned of heavy rain
- Confidential disclosure from Biden
- 18 examples of bad design that will leave a bitter smile on your face
- 9 amazing movie tips for those who are wondering what to watch this weekend
- Announcing the quarter-finalists of the UEFA Champions League
- 6.4 magnitude earthquake
- 5 problems of being the eldest child in the family
- Are there active volcanoes in Turkey? Did the earthquake trigger the volcano?