Today (November 23) at 04.08 in the morning a strong earthquake occurred in the Gölyak area of the city of Duzce. The magnitude of the frightening quake was reported as 6. The earthquake was followed by several aftershocks, the strongest of which was 4.2. The Duzce center earthquake was also felt in many cities such as Istanbul, Ankara, Bolu, Sakarya, Kocaeli, Kutahya, Bilecik, Bursa and Izmir.
Power lines were cut in Duzce after the earthquake. On the other hand, some citizens who experienced great fear and panic because of the magnitude 6 earthquake left their homes. Health Minister Fahrettin Koca said that 35 people were injured in the earthquake in different cities. In addition, the Kandilli Observatory issued a “tsunami” warning following the earthquake. Let’s look at the details together…
Some buildings in different cities were damaged due to a magnitude 6 earthquake that occurred in the morning in the Gölyak area of Duzce.
The earthquake, which occurred at a depth of 10.6 km, caused moments of fear in many cities, especially in Istanbul, Ankara, Izmir and Bursa. Some buildings were damaged in Düzce, the epicenter of the earthquake. On the other hand, many people have left their homes due to tremors.
Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu, who conducted an investigation in the earthquake area, said more than 70 tremors had occurred in the region.
Noble, in his statement “I think the last time above 4.4 was 4.3 at 6.50 and the aftershocks at those levels could also be more than 4 aftershocks. For this reason, it is necessary not to stay in buildings with as little damage as possible, damaged or moderately damaged.made statements. However, Suleiman Soylu stated that so far no buildings were found to be badly damaged, or that they had not received any notification about this.
Soylu shared on his social media account that no one died as a result of the earthquake.
Soilu said in a statement that no information was received by the governorate, AFAD and 112 teams about the loss of life. On the other hand, in Istanbul, where the earthquake was felt, there was a lot of panic. Istanbul Governor Ali Yerlikaya and Mayor of Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Ekrem Imamoglu also stated that there is no negative situation in Istanbul.
Health Minister Fahrettin Koca said on his social media account that 35 people were injured in the earthquake in different cities.
Koca stated that 32 people were injured in Düzce, one person each in Istanbul, Bolu and Zonguldak, and the condition of one of the wounded in Düzce was serious.
The Candilli Observatory issued a tsunami warning in a press release following the earthquake.
However, the tsunami warning issued by the Kandilli Observatory was canceled in the following minutes. In the statement “At the 6th minute after the earthquake, our tsunami warning messages were sent to AFAD in our country and to the corresponding centers of our system countries in our region. The maps sent as an attachment to the warning message are attached. As of 06:46 CEST, the latest announcement of the cancellation of the tsunami warning has been posted.” expressions were used.
Education was suspended for one day in 3 provinces due to the earthquake.
In statements by the governors of Düzce, Bolu and Sakarya, it was announced that education was suspended for one day.
Source: 1 2
- Creation of US Space Command
- How often should clothes be washed? | ListList.com
- Countdown in historic Trump trial
- Minimum wage negotiations start today! Who is demanding what?
- Attack on the Azerbaijani embassy in Iran
- A new drug has been developed that can cure migraines in 15 minutes
- Does clicking hurt the joints?
- From China to the US: Abuse of State Power
- 7 best models of cordless screwdrivers
- What is a maximalist film? 9 Sample Films That Received Full Criticism